Dr. Harris Chuma-Odili, FCMsp
It is no longer news that the All Progressives Grand Alliance APGA will conduct her primary election in June, to elect a suitable candidate for the Anambra governorship election slated for November 6, 2021.
As the APGA primary election draws nearer, the Personal Envoy to Ex President Goodluck Jonathan, and APGA aspirant, Nze Akachukwu Sullivan Nwankpo, who represents a generational shift, is a new face with fresh ideas tipped to win the next governorship election in Anambra.
Here are the major highlights on why APGA should pick Nwankpo as the party’s flag bearer.
1. Having Akachukwu Sullivan Nwankpo in charge of affairs of the APGA will provide a platform to turn things around and sustain the vision of the party’s founding fathers.
2. Akachukwu Sullivan Nwankpo is a fresh face with new ideas. He enjoys both the support of APGA faithfuls, and majority of ndi Anambra irrespective of political party affiliations. He has a special connect with the people. Nwankpo is not new-found, and he had long before now enjoyed ‘a great relationship’ with the APGA.
3. Akachukwu Nwankpo has no issues with APGA leaders and stakeholders. He has been a perfect “party man”.
4. Every democratic constitution is preceded by ‘We, the people’. Akachukwu Nwankpo submits himself to the wishes and the yearnings of the APGA party. He believes in, practices and preaches party supremacy.
5. Akachukwu Nwankpo is actively involved in the politics of the state.
He is not aloof to APGA’s political activities both at the state and local governments level. His primary constituency, APGA Ihiala LGA gets required support from him to run the party affairs. There’s no official APGA structures in the state that has not experienced Nwankpo’s benevolent presence.
6. Akachukwu Nwankpo is youth friendly, and has been endorsed by both the religious and secular youth bodies in Anambra. The authentic, and recognized Anambra youths and key stakeholders have all thrown their weight behind Nwankpo. They will speak for themselves in due course.
7. Akachukwu Nwankpo will run an all inclusive government where the views and opinions of the people are sought on any issues.
He will be receptive to ideas and opinions when offered. Nwankpo will carry everyone along, he is a team player.
8. Akachukwu Nwankpo will not deviate sharply from the policies and programmes of Gov Willie Obiano. He will not abandon ongoing projects of his predecessor. Nwankpo will complete the projects, and do even more.
9. Akachukwu Nwankpo has no political baggage; no scandals, no dirty public and domestic records. He served meritoriously as a Presidential aide, and was retained as a Personal Envoy.
10. Akachukwu Nwankpo is a great philanthropist, with divine mandate to help the needy, the downtrodden in our society. He brings good tidings everywhere he goes.