Poised at promoting and encouraging efficiency in Enugu state public service, Daily Star Online News is organizing an outstanding public service award for the year 2021 to deserving public servants, with the aim of rewarding excellence, diligence and dedication to duty.
In a statement made available to newsmen in Enugu, the manager of Daily Star Online News, Johnpaul Anih said the essence of the award is to further complement the good and untiring efforts of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in making sure that those placed at various government positions are held accountable.
Anih further called on the public to nominate their choice candidate for the following positions;
– Senator of the year,
– House of Reps Member of the year,
– House of Assembly member of the year,
– Commissioner of the year,
– Special Adviser of the year
– Best civil servant of the year,
– Permanent Secretary of the year,
– Vice Chancellor of the year
– Special Assistant to the Governor of the year,
– Technical Assistant to the Governor of the year,
– Local government chairman of the year,
– Head of service of the year, amongst others.
Disclosing criteria for nomination, the statement further says;
“a. Candidate must be an indigene of Enugu
b. All nominations Must fall within the category listed above
c. All nominations must be done on our Facebook page
d. All nominations must end by 11pm on Friday, 25th November 2021″
According to Mr. Anih, the annual event is beaming her searchlight on those who have performed creditably well in their offices within the year under review, with the aim of encouraging them to do more for greater efficiency and betterment of the state’s workforce.