… Expreses solidarity with Nnamdi Kanu, calls on security outfits to release all arrested Biafra agitators
The Leadership of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign state of Biafra (MASSOB) has said that issues surrounding Ezu river killings which happened during the governorship of Mr Peter Obi has nothing to do with him.
In a Press Statement signed by Comrade Edeson Samuel, the group’s Director of Information MASSOB warned Mr Simon Ekpa who is based in Finland to stop distorting facts about the incident as he was not a part of the Biafran struggle when the incident happened.
It also argued that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) which Mr Ekpa claims to represent had not come into existence then.
According to the Statement, MASSOB felt it has become necessary to correct impressions and stop distorting facts after uts emergency meeting at its headquarters, with its leaders, Comrade Uchenna Madu, at MASSOB.
It said Biafrans should note the truth, and focus on it and not lies, and urged all Igbos to get their PVCs in order to vote in the coming elections.
The statement read in part:
1) That though MASSOB quest for Biafra actualization and restoration can never be abandoned or jeopardized, our belief in Biafra is infallible and unshakable.
We advise the oppressed, abadoned, deprived and mesmerized youths, women, men and students to secure their PVCs to enable them remove their oppressors and tyrannical leaders from the federal to state governments.
2) That MASSOB warns that 2023 general election must be peaceful, fair and credible. That INEC must maintain the Independence of their name in discharging their electoral duties.
3) That MASSOB expresses surprise that one Simon Ekpa that is based in Finland, will use the instrument of social media to distort the open truth about Ezu river killings of MASSOB members.
Members of MASSOB were arrested by the defunct SARS in Anambra state led by James Nwafor, a notoriously criminal policeman.
He later killed them alongside other suspected criminals and dumped their bodies at Ezu river, Amansea Awka.
MASSOB advises distorters of truth and paid agents of destructions to stop attaching Mr Peter Obi’s name to Ezu river killings, he did not order or supervise the arrest and subsequent gruesome killing of MASSOB members.
4) That MASSOB demands for the release of our members, IPOB members and other members of pro Biafra agitators from Nigeria police cells and prisons.
5) That MASSOB shows solidarity to the detained leader of IPOB, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Arrest and detentions will not break the spirit of Biafra in us. The continuous detention of our brother, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and rigmarole of his court processes will never break him or jeopardise our quest for Biafra actualization and restoration.”
Discussion about this post